You may be thinking about a project around the house. Perhaps you've decided it’s time for the renovation you have always dreamt about.
With your dream or goal in mind, our job is to get you to the finish line. In doing this, we would like to take a step back. Here at Alpine Contracting, we want you to have a clear path of what a renovation will look like and give you tips along with realistic expectations of what significant projects require.
While it is exciting for both homeowners and contractors, at times it can be stressful. We are here to help minimize that stress. Our number one goal is a clear line of communication–from the moment we walk the job site until the project is complete.
Communication is vital and we are dedicated in seeing that everyone is on the same page and have the same expectations throughout the process. Once we come up with a plan together, you can let the stress fall off your shoulders–trusting that we will treat your home as if it were our own.
Your dreams are mighty, and we love that; however, that means the work that needs to be done is mighty as well. Any type of renovation requires a form of construction, and construction can be messy and inconvenient depending on the size of your project. Understanding this going into the project, you are already one step ahead.
Tips and reminders to think about:
- Custom-made materials need to have time allotted for their fabrication and delivery.
- Certain finishes require longer installation times or more attention than others (i.e. intricate tile work, relocating new plumbing or electrical, etc…). Allow for this time in your schedule.
- Outside vendors, subcontractors or distributors specifically chosen by a homeowner may add time to your project.
- Any Change Orders added after the walk-through will require an adjustment to the schedule. This is perfectly acceptable–we want you happy with your design, products, and materials–but understand these changes may require a bit more time.
- Trade Partners are human. They have incidents such as broken-down vehicles and sick children. Materials may occasionally arrive incorrectly. During large projects, the uncontrollable may happen. Allow for this in your schedule.
- Sometimes materials go out of stock. If you have your heart set on a particular item, allow time for it to be resupplied.
- Approvals, permits, and inspections are part of many projects. These take place during various stages of construction and require inspections periodically. Municipalities can become overwhelmed. Understand the bureaucracy involved within the building industry.
- It may seems simple, but Alpine Contracting needs access to the job site! Ensure our trades can get in, Monday – Friday between the hours of 7: AM – 6:00 PM via lockbox, garage code, or house key.
- Finally, in order to keep project moving as fast as possible, trust Alpine Contracting to control your schedule.
This may seem like a lot of information. But we promise, understanding the process in advance will help set the expectations so you are pleased every step of the way. Our goal is to keep you in the loop and make your renovation as seamless and productive as possible.
We pride ourselves in quality work with every project. We love that our trades are specifically skilled in what they do. It ensures that we can put our trust in them, knowing no corners will be cut. In turn, this helps us build trust and lasting relationships with our homeowners.
If you are in El Paso County, don’t hesitate to call 719-574-9676. Alpine Contracting's project managers are ready to take on your renovation needs regardless of size!