Start with a win. This checklist will help you be prepared for your kitchen, bath or whole house remodel.
Looking at a home renovation? I can tell you that it is totally worth it and you will absolutely love the end result. Completing a renovation will allow you to enjoy spending time with the ones you love and make memories that will last a lifetime, just like the timeless upgrades to your home. We know that you want to be prepared as much as possible for your home renovation–below are a few things to consider before making the jump:
Access and Communication
- Who do you want to be your point of contact?
- Do you have off limit areas of your home or property?
- How will you provide access? Lockbox, garage key-pad code, or house key?
- Valuables should be removed from the work area.
- Furniture should be removed from the work area.
- Surrounding rooms should be covered with drop cloths to help with dust.
- Wall décor may need to be taken down until the project is complete.
Create Mini Kitchen So That You Have The Essentials During a Kitchen Renovation
- Choose a location with a water source nearby.
- Microwave, coffee pot, crockpot, instapot, or an air fryer for cooking.
- Counter space may be difficult to find. Utilize exisiting furniture or folding tables.
- An outdoor grill will be your new best friend.
- Disposable utensils and plates are a must.
- Eating out might be your new go to.
Helping the Trades
- Bathroom they can use (if not a possibility, let your Project Manager know and a port-o-let will be ordered).
- Secure place for tools/materials to be stored.
- Designated parking area.
Delivery Area for Materials
- A covered area free from weather to drop and store materials will need to be provided (garage, shed, etc…)
The more of these items you are able to accomplish before the job gets started, the better you will feel. Starting the job off with smoothly will do wonders for your sanity and keep you exited about the project. We don’t want you to be stressed about your renovation, rather excited about the end results.
We value the relationships created with every project and want to support you from the beginning to the very end. If you need a more detailed checklist for your remodeling needs, contact the pros at Alpine Contracting in El Paso County.